Inspired by Pip from Meet Me at Mikes, I thought I would start the week with five of my favourite things from the last week…
1) I found these absolutely beautiful illustrations by Tomoko Suzuki…
The one above with the balloons has been in my thoughts for days. What do you think?
Tomoko has a gorgeous website, with a gallery of his art, a blog and online shop attached.
2) Watched as the little one fell asleep with Elmer - one of the best picture books about individuality and acceptance of difference’s. A classic that is often forgotten.
3) Caught a sneak peek on the Simply Read blog at the new book coming this year illustrated by Julie Morstad.
4) I have been reading some great particularly great blog posts this week…
I have admired and held in my heart this beautiful post by Jodi on her blog Che and Fidel. As a mother I felt such emotion reading her post and went a bit teary. Jodi’s blog is always beautifully thought out and inspiring.
And finally Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast has a wonderful interview with Tao Nyeu. She is a gorgeous girl with an incredible talent and Seven Impossible Things always ask such cool questions.
5) Loving the quirky art of Sandy Mastroni available on Etsy